Mac OS X, well know for their simplicity and performance.
If you’re a web developer using a Mac you may have used many applications. Finding the best Apps for Freelance Web Designers is one challenging task. So in this post I have listed best Mac Apps designed for code editing, file and data transfer, database management, image editing etc. Some of them are free and most of them are relatively inexpensive.
1.VirtualHostX – VirtualHostX is the best way to host multiple websites on your Mac. It lets you easily create Apache virtual hosts on Mac OS X.
2. MAMP – MAMP is a quick and painless way to set up Macintosh, Apache, MySQL and PHP in the same environment. Instantly you’ve got a fully-functional web testing environment for your PHP applications.
3. phpMyAdmin – phpMyAdmin is the kindly old grandfather of database management scripts. Not necessarily hip to an attractive user interface, phpMyAdmin still has the skills to pay the bills.
4. Yummy FTP – Yummy FTP is an FTP and SFTP client application for the Apple Macintosh, built as native Mac OS X software from the ground up, with the goal of providing a reliable, powerful, yet easy to use file transfer utility.
5. Transmit - It offers almost all of the same functionality as Cyberduck, but adds a little more robustness for advanced user. For example, you can edit any remote file (even a picture or graphic) in any software using Transmit.
6. Coda – It is a complete web development solutions that fulfills all your coding needs, you will love to use its code editor that has support for various programming languages like HTML, XHTML, CSS, PHP, ASP, Ruby, Java and XML etc.
7. CSSEdit - cssedit is a CSS editor with a fantastic user interface. It has the look and feel of a Mac application, which makes the experience of editing CSS much more enjoyable.
8. Changes – Changes is a nifty application that lets you visually browse changes to your code base. Instead of having to use a subversion to manage your code base (though Changes works with svn and other repository software), you can use Changes.
9. TextExpander - TextExpander saves you countless keystrokes with customized abbreviations for your frequently-used text strings, code snippets and images.
10. TextMate - A popular text-editing tool for Apple Mac OS. It offers number of useful features, like search and replaces text, clipboard history, file tabs when working with projects.